Versions:1.0 - 7.2
Applying a QuerySurge License
Note: If your QuerySurge version is higher than 7.2, please follow the instructions in this article.
You can apply your QuerySurge License from the QuerySurge Admin page by following the steps below.
- Save your license file (usually named “qslicense_00XXXXXXXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXXXXXX.zip”, where the 'X's are a combination of letters and numbers specific to your license) to disk. Do not unzip the file.
- Open a browser and navigate to your QuerySurge Admin URL:
If you specified a port other than “80” when installing the QuerySurge Application Server, then the URL is: http://<server>:<port>/QuerySurge/admin.jsp.
Note: This is NOT your regular QuerySurge login URL; please enter the Admin URL as shown here.
- Log in to QuerySurge Admin view as a QuerySurge Admin user.
- In the Administration Tree (at the left), click the License Information node. This will load your current license information for viewing.
- Click on the Choose File button (at the lower left) and navigate to your license file (see step 1). Do not unzip the file.
Note: If you have trouble locating your downloaded license file, the default download location for most browsers on Windows machines is C:\Users\<username>\Downloads.
- Click on the Process License button (at the lower right). Your license should be processed and the updated License Information will be displayed.
Note: The expiration date displayed for Perpetual Licenses refers to the Maintenance Period expiration. For Trial and Subscription Licenses, the Expiration date is the date of expiration of licensing.
- If you have received multiple license files because your organization has licensed multiple QuerySurge instances, you can identify which license file applies to each QuerySurge instance by comparing the second field in the license file name to the MAC Address of the server in the License Information (from step 4 above):
Using this example, the license file will have a name similar to:
Any other license files with different numbers in the MAC Address field do not apply to this server.