QuerySurge Rational Quality Manager Connector
QuerySurge's Test Management Tool Connector works with RQM's Command Line Adapter to enable you to execute QuerySurge tests from RQM, and for results from QuerySurge to flow back to RQM. The following scheme shows the relationships between these components:
The steps in this section must be done with any PC on your corporate network that has the RQM Command Line Adapter (for your version of RQM) installed. You can download the adapter from IBM here. The QuerySurge RQM Connector must be co-installed with the RQM Command Line Adapter.
- Open the qsapi.properties file, which, if you chose the default options while installing QuerySurge, are found in the C:\Program Files\QuerySurge\cli folder
- In the file, insert a line right after # Client API and type the UsernameYouWantToUseFromQuerySurge=PasswordOfUsernameInQuerySurge
- Open the RQM_Script.bat file, which, if you chose the default options while installing QuerySurge, are found in the C:\Program Files\QuerySurge\cli\samples folder
- In the section between the START OF CONFIGURATION VARIABLES and END OF CONFIGURATION VARIABLES, edit the variables to the specifics on your machine
- Make sure that the appropriate RQM Command Line Adapter for your version of RQM is installed in your environment (see Pre-Requisites above). After the RQM Command Line Adapter is installed and configured, make sure it is running (see the instructions found in the readme file of the Command Line Adapter folder).
Install and configure the QuerySurge RQM Test Management Tool Connector. You can find instructions here.
- In RQM, choose the option to Create a Test Script
- Name the Test Script and select 'Command Line' from the Type drop-down menu.
- Click on the Use test resources that are local to a test machine radio button, and then click the Select Adapter button.
- Select the appropriate machine/adapter to run on (this is a machine/adapter with the RQM Command Line Adapter and the QuerySurge RQM Connector co-installed), and then click the Next button.
- Enter the path that contains the local scripts you would like to run (Ex: C:\Program Files\QuerySurge\cli\samples). Click the Go button to find the scripts in the location provided. When the list of scripts from your directory appears, select the script that you want to assign to this Test Script and click Finish. Save the Test Script.
- Choose the option to Create a Test Case.
- Give the Test Case a Name and click on the Save button
- In the Test Case, Click on the Test Scripts Category and click the Add Script button
- Click the checkbox next to your script and hit the Add and Close button
- Click the Save button.
- Open your Test Case in RQM, and choose the Run option for the Test Case
- Select any of the runtime configuration options you want and click on the Finish button. Execution will start.
- When the execution finishes, click on the Show Result button.
- The high-level results are displayed. To see detailed results, click on the ScenarioResults link under Result Details > Attachments.
- Click on any QueryPair result link for any QueryPair to return to QuerySurge to view the detailed results.
The link will bring you back into the underlying results in the QuerySurge Run Dashboard, so that you can examine the data underlying each result.