There are 5 main Views in QuerySurge, each designed to handle a specific part of the workflow. There are several ways to navigate to these views, all of which are higlighted in this article.
- The Design Library consists of the Design Tree on the left and the Library Explorer (main pane). The Design Tree shows the folder structure for the testing assets you have created, while the Library Explorer shows the contents of the selected folder in the Design Tree. Design Tree folders may contain QueryPairs or other folders. You are free to build your Design Tree with any level of folder nesting; please note that we suggest that simpler is usually better when thinking about your tree structure.
- In the Scheduling View, you can create Test Suites and Scenarios. A Test Suite is a collection of QueryPairs and a Scenario is a collection of Test Suites that can be configured for running.
- The Run Dashboard provides a real-time view into runtime events. The Dashboard is divided into several sections. The panel at the left lists all Scenarios that exist in the system. The central top panel shows the constituent Suites of the selected Scenario. Immediately beneath the top panel are graphical representations of Scenario status. The upper right panel shows Scenario summary status.
- The Reporting View shows the formal reports offered by the system. In the Reporting view, the panel at the left shows the reports available; the report type can be selected, and filters can be applied (if desired). The report can then be executed. Once executed, many reports can be exported in a PDF format or Excel format.
- The Administrative View (which is only visible to Admin users) is for QuerySurge administrative tasks: User Management, Agent Management, Connection Management, QuerySurge Database Management and License Management.
IN THIS SECTION
When you log into QuerySurge, you'll see the QuerySurge Widget Dashboard showing the QuerySurge Data Health Widgets. Widgets show you current status information on your work - you can create your own Widget Panels and customize Widget reporting to get the view you want of your information. The Widget in the upper left is special: it is the QuerySurge Launcher Widget. The Launcher contains a link to each QuerySurge view, for an easy navigation path.
QuerySurge has 5 main Views: Design Library, Scheduling, Run Dashboard, Reporting and Administration.
You can navigate between QuerySurge Views via:
- The menu bar (at the top left of the browser)
The main toolbar (at the bottom-center of the browser)
- The QuerySurge Launcher Widget
Log Out of QuerySurge
To log out of QuerySurge, click the Log Out link on the header bar.
NOTE: User activity in QuerySurge is session based. Logging out after each session will ensure accurate auditing and traceability metrics.