Managing QuerySurge Projects: Creating a new Project
Projects allow for isolation of assets, connections, and test results within a single QuerySurge instance. This isolation can be leveraged for organization purposes, or restricting access to assets and result data to specific users in sensitive or regulated environments. This article will walk you through the process of creating a new Project using Global Administration.
Creating a new Project
- Log into QuerySurge Global Administration Portal as a Global Admin.
- Navigate to QuerySurge Administration > Projects.
- Click Add.
- Specify details and options for the new Project:
- Project Name: Name for the new project which will be created (Note: Name must be unique; Max Length 256 Characters)
- Enabled (Default: Enabled): Toggle to determine if a project is Enabled or Disabled upon creation. Disabled projects are hidden in the UI from users. Creating a project in disabled mode is useful if you would like to add user assignments, but not want users to see the project until a specific point.
- Locked (Default: Unlocked): Toggle to determine if a projects is Unlocked or Locked. When a project is Locked only read actions are allowed. All users accessing a locked project will view it in read only mode.
- Tutorial + Sample Data: Flag used to determine if sample assets (connections, QueryPairs, etc.) should be added to the new project.
Note: The tutorial data tables (XMART, ZCITY, etc.) referenced by tutorial connections and QueryPairs are stored separately from Projects. Deleting a project will only remove assets in that project, and will not impact the sample data included with QuerySurge.
- Description: Internal description for the project (Note: Only visible to Global Admins; Max Length 1023 characters)
- Click Save. After a few moments, your new Project will appear in the list.
You have now created a new QuerySurge project. At this point, without any users assigned, no users will be able to access it in the Projects portal. Similarly, without Agents assigned, executions scheduled in the project will remain queued until one or more Agents are added and enabled. Continue with the following articles to complete project setup: