QuerySurge 8.0 introduces a two-tiered arrangement of user roles into QuerySurge: Global roles and Project roles. Every user has a Global role; users may or may not have Project roles. In this article we discuss how roles are structured and the different role-based access levels that can be assigned.
When a user is created, they must be assigned a Global role. The Global role of a user in QuerySurge determines whether a user may access the Global Administration portal, be assigned to any number of Projects, or both. A user's Global role is selected when creating the user, and (with some restrictions) can be changed later. The three Global roles are as follows:
- Licensed Global Admin - can access the Global Administration portal with full global administrative rights, and any number of assigned projects with any role assigned.
- Licensed User - can access assigned projects only, with any role assigned.
- Global Admin Only - can access the Global Administration portal with full global administrative rights; this role cannot have any project role or access.
Note: After creating a Global Admin Only user, it may be changed to one of the Licensed roles (either Licensed Global Admin or Licensed user). However, Licensed users may not be converted to Global Admin Only.
When assigning a user to one or more Projects, each of the assignments includes the user's role within that project. QuerySurge offers three different Project roles:
- Admin User - has access to all areas of a Project with full access to create and update all core assets (QueryPairs, Snippets, Suites...), to schedule and execute, to report and to administer Project-related configuration
- Standard User - has full access to create and update all core assets (QueryPairs, Snippets, Suites...), to execute and to report in a Project
- Participant User - can view all core assets, but is not allowed to make any changes, nor execute within a Project
User access is summarized in the table below.
|Feature||Admin User Role||Standard User Role||Participant User Role|
|View Test Result Data|
|Access Administrative Features|
User Licensing Considerations
When adding users and assigning their projects, the following rules must be taken into consideration to comply with the total allowed seats in your QuerySurge license:
- A Licensed User without any projects assigned consumes one Participant User seat, or if no Participant seats remain, a Full User seat
- A Licensed User only assigned to Projects as a Participant User consumes one Participant User seat, or if no Participant seats remain, a Full User seat
- A Licensed User assigned to one or more Projects as a Project Admin or Standard User consumes one Full User Seat
- The maximum allowed total number of Licensed users is the number of Full User seats plus Participant User seats in your license
- The maximum allowed number of users added with the Project Admin and Standard User roles to one or more projects is the number of Full User seats in your license
- A Global Admin Only user consumes one Global Admin Only seat
- The maximum allowed number of Global Admin Only users is the number of Global Admin Only seats in your license