QuerySurge 8.0 introduces a two-tiered arrangement of user roles into QuerySurge: Global roles and Project roles. Every user has a Global role; users may or may not have Project roles. In this article we discuss how roles are structured and the different role-based access levels that can be assigned.
When a user is created, they must be assigned a Global role. The Global role of a user in QuerySurge determines whether a user may access the Global Administration portal, be assigned to any number of Projects, or both. A user's Global role is selected when creating the user, and (with some restrictions) can be changed later. The three Global roles are as follows:
- Licensed Global Admin - can access the Global Administration portal with full global administrative rights, and any number of assigned projects with any role assigned.
- Licensed User - can access assigned projects only, with any project role assigned.
- Global Admin Only - can access the Global Administration portal with full global administrative rights; this role cannot have any project role or access.
Note: After creating a Global Admin Only user, it may be changed to one of the Licensed roles (either Licensed Global Admin or Licensed user). However, Licensed users may not be converted to Global Admin Only.
When assigning a user to one or more Projects, each of the assignments includes the user's role within that project. QuerySurge offers three different Project roles:
- Admin User - has access to all areas of a Project with full access to create and update all core assets (QueryPairs, Snippets, Suites...), to schedule and execute, to report and to administer Project-related configuration
- Standard User - has full access to create and update all core assets (QueryPairs, Snippets, Suites...), to execute and to report in a Project
- Participant User - can view all core assets, but is not allowed to make any changes, nor execute within a Project
User access is summarized in the table below.
|Full User License||Participant User License|
|Feature||Admin User Role||Standard User Role||Participant User Role|
|View Test Result Data|
|Access Administrative Features|