QuerySurge 8.0 introduces new user roles into QuerySurge. In this article we will discuss how roles are structure and the different access which can be assigned.
When a user is created, they must be assigned a Global role. The Global role of a user in QuerySurge determines whether a user may access the Global Administration portal, be assigned to any number of Projects, or both. A user's Global role is selected when creating the user, and (with some restrictions) can be changed later. The three Global roles are as follows:
- Licensed Global Admin - may access the Global Administration portal and any number of assigned projects.
- Licensed User - may only access any assigned projects
- Global Admin Only - may only access the Global Administration portal.
Note: After creating a Global Admin Only user, it may be changed to one of the Licensed roles (either Licensed Global Admin or Licensed user). However, Licensed users may not be converted to Global Admin Only.
When assigning a user to one or more Projects, each of the assignments includes the user's role within that project. QuerySurge offers three different Project roles:
- Admin User - has access to all areas of a Project with full access to create and update all core assets (QueryPairs, Snippets, Suites...), to schedule and execute, to report and to administer Project-related configuration
- Standard User - has full access to create and update all core assets (QueryPairs, Snippets, Suites...), to execute and to report in a Project
- Participant User - can view all core assets, but is not allowed to make any changes, nor execute within a Project
User access is summarized in the table below.
|Feature||Admin User Role||Standard User Role||Participant User Role|
|View Test Result Data|
|Access Administrative Features|
User Licensing Considerations
When adding users and assigning their projects, the following rules must be taken into consideration to comply with the total allowed seats in your QuerySurge license:
- A Licensed User without any projects assigned consumes one Participant User seat, or if no Participant seats remain, a Full User seat
- A Licensed User only assigned to Projects as a Participant User consumes one Participant User seat, or if no Participant seats remain, a Full User seat
- A Licensed User assigned to one or more Projects as a Project Admin or Standard User consumes one Full User Seat
- The maximum allowed total number of Licensed users is the number of Full User seats plus Participant User seats in your license
- The maximum allowed number of users added with the Project Admin and Standard User roles to one or more projects is the number of Full User seats in your license
- A Global Admin Only user consumes one Global Admin Only seat
- The maximum allowed number of Global Admin Only users is the number of Global Admin Only seats in your license