To provide a unified view of all current execution activity, QuerySurge includes several Agent Status views for various different user roles. These views show all Agents applicable to the user's scope and details of running executions.
Agent Status Icon and Agent Activity Window
All QuerySurge users can see high level Agent status presented by the dock icon; when hovered over, high-level summary of Agent states is displayed.
Click the status icon to open the Agent Activity window:
The Agent Activity window shows the following columns (other views described below share similar columns):
- Hostname: Hostname or IP address of the Agent as detected upon startup of the Agent service
- Status: High-level textual description of Agent's current status
- Last ping: Timestamp of last received monitoring ping
- Enabled in Project (not visible to Global Admin): Shows the option set by a Project Admin as to whether the agent may run executions or other tasks for the Project
Further execution information available by expanding each Agent's row (or by clicking the Expand All button):
- Project Name: If Agent is currently running an execution, name of Project that the execution originates from
- Scenario Name: Name of executing scenario (for Design-Time runs, shows QueryPair or Staging Query Name)
- Owner: First and last name of user that started the execution
- Elapsed Time: Time since execution started
Note: When Agent Activity is opened from a Project, if an Agent is running an execution from another Project that the current user does not have access to, Scenario Name and Owner will show "N/A".
To quickly jump to an Agent's current execution, right click the Agent, and click Open Execution. QuerySurge will navigate to the execution in its respective Project. (This option is not available from Global Administration.)
A Global Admin user can see and manage all Agents in the QuerySurge instance by logging in to QuerySurge Global Administration, and clicking Agents in the Administration Tree.
In the Global Admin view, the Enabled Globally option allows enabling/disabling the Agent for the entire QuerySurge instance. When an Agent is disabled globally, it will not run executions or other tasks for any Project.
A user with the Project Admin role in any Project can view Agents assigned to the Project by logging in to the Project, and clicking Agents in the Administration Tree.
In the Project Admin view, the Enabled in Project option allows enabling/disabling the Agent at the Project level. When an Agent is disabled for the Project, it will not run executions or other tasks for this Project (but will continue to be available for any other Projects it is assigned to).
The Open Execution option is also available in this view.
Note: If an Agent is running an execution from another Project that the current user does not have access to, Scenario Name and Owner will show "N/A".