Configuring QuerySurge Connections: SAP HANA
When you create a QuerySurge Connection, the Connection Wizard will guide you through the process. Different types of QuerySurge connections require different types of information.
For an SAP HANA Connection, you will need the following information (check with a DBA or other knowledgeable resource in your organization):
- Database login credentials (username and password)
- Server endpoint hostname
- Port (30015 is the default port)
- Current Schema
Launch the Connection Wizard
- Log into QuerySurge as an Admin user.
- To configure a Connection, select Configuration > Connection in the Administrative View tree (at the left).
- Click on the Add button at the bottom left of the page to launch the Connection Wizard. Click Next.
Note: Check the Advanced Mode checkbox for access to advanced features.
- Provide a name for your connection. Select "SAP HANA" as the Data Source.
Note: The SAP HANA JDBC driver is not bundled with QuerySurge, so you will need to obtain and install the driver with your Agents. See Adding a JDBC Driver to your QuerySurge Agent for instructions on deploying the driver jar.
- Once you have selected your Data Source, the Wizard will tell you what information you are likely to need in order to create your Connection. Once you have collected this information, you are ready to click Next.
- Provide the connection information to your database. This includes the Server endpoint hostname (or IP), the port (the default port will automatically populate), the Current Schema and the login credentials. Click Next.
Required fields for your Connection Type are marked by an *.
- Click on Test Connection.
Note: You must have an Agent running with the driver for this Connection deployed in order to test the Connection.
- Save the Connection.
- Congratulations! You’ve created a QuerySurge Connection. Again, make sure that you have deployed the driver for this Connection to all your QuerySurge Agents. (See Adding a JDBC Driver to your QuerySurge Agent for instructions.)