Adding a JDBC Driver to a QuerySurge Agent
Each QuerySurge Agent deployed in your environment needs drivers to work with your databases. QuerySurge comes bundled with JDBC drivers for many industry-standard databases, which you can install from the QuerySurge Installer when you install your QuerySurge Agents. You can always add new drivers using the installer after you have installed an Agent.
In cases where you need a JDBC driver that is not bundled with QuerySurge, you must deploy the driver file(s). Driver deployment is a simple process with just a few key steps.
To deploy a JDBC driver to a QuerySurge Agent, you’ll need the following:
- Access to each Agent box with administrative rights
- A copy of each JDBC driver you want to deploy. A driver consists of one or more jar files, which usually have a .jar extension (but may have a .zip extension). Your database administrator should be able to provide you with any required JDBC drivers.
Deploying a JDBC Driver
- Log into the Agent box with administrative rights.
- In the Start menu, launch the Agent Service Console (All Programs > QuerySurge > Open Agent Console).
- Stop the Agent Service.
- Navigate to the <QuerySurge install dir>\agent\jdbc directory. In a default Windows installation, this directory path is:
Copy the JDBC driver file(s) to the location you navigated to. Again, this may be more than a single file, so make sure to copy all required files.
- Start the Agent Service. You may then exit from the console (File > Exit).
Note: You must repeat this procedure for all your Agents where you want this driver deployed.
Upgrading a JDBC Driver
Upgrading a JDBC driver is identical to deploying a JDBC driver; you need only delete the "old" driver file (or files, if multiple jar files are involved) before you copy in the new JDBC driver file(s). Note that this should be performed as part of Step 4, when the Agent is stopped.