QuerySurge Installation Architecture
QuerySurge Component Details
QuerySurge consists of three main components:
- QuerySurge App Server – Hosts the Web 2.0 User Interface and manages QuerySurge execution
- QuerySurge Database – QuerySurge’s MySQL embedded database
- QuerySurge Agent(s) – Sends queries to Source and Target Connections and retrieves result sets
- Tutorial + Sample Data – provides Sample Data for the QuerySurge tutorial
Installation Best Practices
For trial installations, it is common to install all of the QuerySurge components on a single machine. In order to improve performance, most production installations will either:
- Deploy each component on a separate machine
- Deploy all components on a single machine with substantial resources
QuerySurge Installation Requirements
This Quick-Start guide will walk you through the installation of QuerySurge. After your installation is complete, you can refer to the Connection guides to complete your QuerySurge configuration.
What you’ll need:
- Administrative rights on the machine where you’ll be installing QuerySurge™
- The QuerySurge™ installation file for the appropriate architecture (64 bit or 32 bit)
- Connection details for any database or file that you would like to use with QuerySurge™
Sample Connection Details:
|Oracle Example||SQL Server Example|
|Server Name||systemA.example.com||Server Name||systemB.example.com|
|User Name||myuser||User Name||myuser|
|Netezza Example||Teradata Example|
|Server Name||systemC.example.com||Server Name||systemD.example.com|
|User Name||myuser||User Name||myuser|
For more information on creating connections, see the Setting Up Connections section of this guide.
For more information on hardware configuration for your deployment, see QuerySurge™ System Requirements.
Have Additional Questions?
Our orange Questions? button can be found on the left side of all our web pages, and in the QuerySurge application, and below.
Support is available Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm Eastern Time. If you need to contact us at other hours, you can create a ticket & our team will answer it as soon as possible.
QuerySurge Single-Machine Installation
- Download the QuerySurge Installer to the machine you want to install QuerySurge on.
- Double click on the QuerySurge Installer to start the installation process.
- On the ‘Select Components’ section, make sure "Database", "Server", "Agent" are checked. Leave "Tutorial + Sample Data" checked to install the QuerySurge Sample Data and Tutorial. Click Next.
Important Note on Upgrading to QuerySurge 5.0+
The QuerySurge 5.0 release contains the QuerySurge Data Staging feature. This feature is licensed separately, so you will need to request for the feature to be enabled (via a new license). Contact your representative for information.
- Use the default QuerySurge Database Port value of "3306", unless it is already in use, and click the Next button to continue.
- Use the default QuerySurge Application Server Ports, unless either is already in use, and click the Next button to continue
- Select which data sources you’d like to connect to from QuerySurge. Selecting a data source will install the driver listed as part of the Agent installation process. After selecting your driver(s), click the Next button.
Note: If you do not see your specific data source technology listed, you will be able to add additional vendor drivers to QuerySurge post-installation. For a list of vendor websites and their corresponding driver download pages, please see the full installation guide.
- After the installation is complete, click the Finish button to close the Installer and launch QuerySurge in your default browser.
Note: If you have finished this section, your installation is complete.
Log into QuerySurge
- Open a browser, and navigate to the URL: http://<server_name>/QuerySurge. (Note: if you specified a different port other than "80" when installing the QuerySurge Application Server, then the URL is: http://<server_name>:<port>/QuerySurge).
- Log in with default administrative credentials:
- Go to the QuerySurge Administration area and set the administrative password to a value of your choosing.
If you have downloaded a trial version of QuerySurge, a 15-day trial license has been included as part of the installation process. You may log into QuerySurge.
QuerySurge™ getting started
To help you get going, QuerySurge™ comes with a Getting Started assistant in the application that will walk you through completing some of the initial tasks as a new user.
To see this at any time, click on the button in the top menu of QuerySurge™.
You are now ready to configure your QuerySurge installation with Connections to your data sources (additional Agents and Users are also configuration options). See below for links to these guides:
o Configuring Connections: Oracle
- SQL Server
o Configuring Connections: Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server with Windows Authentication
o Configuring Connections: Microsoft SQL Server with Windows Authentication
o Configuring Connections: Teradata
o Configuring Connections: IBM DB2
o Configuring Connections: IBM PureData System for Analysis (Netezza)
- Flat File – Delimited
o Configuring Connections: Delimited Flat Files
- Flat File – Fixed Width
o Configuring Connections: Fixed Width Flat Files
o Configuring Connections: Hadoop Hive
For additional details regarding QuerySurge installation, please see the QuerySurge - Advanced Installation Guide for Windows.