Configuring QuerySurge Connections: Teradata
When you create a QuerySurge Connection, the Add Connection Wizard will guide you through the process. Different types of QuerySurge connections require different types of information.
For a Teradata Connection, you will need the following information (check with a DBA or other knowledgeable resource in your organization):
- Database login credentials (ID and Password)
- The Teradata database Server Name or IP address
- The Teradata Database Name
Launch the Connection Wizard
- Log into QuerySurge as an Admin user.
- To configure a Connection, select Configuration > Connection in the Administrative View tree (at the left).
- Click on the Add button at the bottom left of the page to launch the Connection Wizard. Click Next.
Note: Check the Advanced Mode checkbox for access to advanced features.
- Provide a name for your connection. Select Teradata as the Data Source. Click Next.
Note: A Teradata JDBC driver is bundled with QuerySurge, so you can install this driver from the QuerySurge Installer.
- Once you have selected your Data Source, the Wizard will tell you what information you are likely to need in order to create your Connection. Once you have collected this information, you are ready to click Next.
- Provide the connection information to your database. This includes the Server name or IP address, the Teradata Database name and the login credentials. Click Next. (Required fields for your Connection Type are marked by an *.)
- Click on Test Connection.
Note: You must have an Agent running with the driver deployed for this Connection in order to test the Connection.
- Save the Connection.
- Congratulations! You’ve created a QuerySurge Connection. Make sure that you have deployed the driver for this Connection to all your QuerySurge Agents. (See Adding a JDBC Driver to your QuerySurge Agent for instructions.)