Adding a JDBC Driver to a QuerySurge Agent
Each QuerySurge Agent deployed in your environment needs drivers to work with your databases. QuerySurge comes bundled with JDBC drivers for many industry-standard databases, which you can install from the QuerySurge Installer when you install your QuerySurge Agents. You can always add new drivers using the installer after you have installed an Agent.
In cases where you need a JDBC driver that is not bundled with QuerySurge, you must deploy the driver file(s). Driver deployment is a simple process with just a few key steps.
To deploy a JDBC driver to a QuerySurge Agent, you’ll need the following:
- Access to each Agent box with administrative rights
- A copy of each JDBC driver you want to deploy. A driver consists of one or more jar files, which usually have a .jar extension (but may have a .zip extension). Your database administrator should be able to provide you with any required JDBC drivers.
Deploying a JDBC Driver
- Log into the Agent box with administrative rights.
- Navigate to your QuerySurge install directory. In a standard installation, this will be: /opt/QuerySurge.
- Stop the agent with the command:
service QuerySurge stop agent. You’ll need sudo or admin rights for this, or the equivalent.
- Copy the JDBC driver files to the <QuerySurge install dir>/agent/jdbc Again, this may be more than a single file, so please make sure to copy all required files. In the standard install, this path is: /opt/QuerySurge/agent/jdbc.
- Start the agent with the command:
service QuerySurge start agent.
Note: You must repeat this procedure for all your Agents where this driver is deployed.
Upgrading a JDBC Driver
Upgrading a JDBC driver is identical to deploying a JDBC driver; you need only delete the "old" driver file (or files, if multiple jar files are involved) before you copy in the new JDBC driver file(s). Note that this should be performed as part of Step 4, when the Agent is stopped.