Learn how to create Connections in QuerySurge to any JDBC driver
Configuring QuerySurge Connections: Connection Extensibility
When you create a QuerySurge Connection, the Connection Wizard will guide you through the process. Different types of QuerySurge connections require different types of information.
For connections that the Connection Wizard does not handle explicitly, you can set up a connection using QuerySurge’s Connection Extensibility feature. Typically, you will need the following information (check with a DBA or other knowledgeable resource in your organization, or consult JDBC driver documentation); the details depend on the Connection you plan to set up:
- JDBC Driver Class
- JDBC Connection URL (which may contain some of the common items below)
- Server Name or IP address of the Server (e.g. db.myserver.com, or 192.168.0.255)
- The port for your database
- Database login credentials (Username and Password)
Launch the Connection Wizard
- Log into QuerySurge as an Admin user.
- To configure a Connection, select Configuration > Connection in the Administrative View tree (at the left).
- Click on the Add button at the bottom left of the page to launch the Connection Wizard. Click Next.
- Provide a name for your connection. Select:
"* All Other JDBC Connections (Connection Extensibility)" as the Data Source. Click Next.
Required fields for your Connection are marked by an *.
Note: The required JDBC driver may not be bundled with QuerySurge, so you will need to install the driver on all your Agents. See Adding a JDBC Driver to your QuerySurge Agent for instructions.
- Provide the Driver Class for the JDBC driver you are using, and then click Next.
- Provide the connection information to your database. This includes the Connection URL (which may contain the Server name or IP address and the port), the login credentials, and an optional Test Query that will run to verify the Connection details. Then click Next.
- Click on Test Connection, if you entered a Test Query.
Note: You must have an Agent running with the driver for this Connection deployed in order to test the Connection.
- Save the Connection.
- Congratulations! You’ve created a QuerySurge Connection. Again, make sure that you have deployed the driver for this Connection to all your QuerySurge Agents.