QuerySurge's end-to-end data testing solution provides testing of all legs in the ETL process, and the QuerySurge BI Tester data source feature extends the solution to the Business Intelligence layer. BI Tester for SAP Business Objects WebIntelligence allows QA team members to automate the process of retrieving data from WebIntelligence reports and validating it against any supported data source. Users can use powerful SQL syntax to query the data query layer of reports, compare report data to data from upstream or downstream systems, create suites of multiple BI report tests, and schedule tests for execution according to BI system availability.
For a WebIntelligence connection, you will need the following information (check with a WebIntelligence administrator or other knowledgeable resource in your organization):
- Server hostname and port (default:
- Username and password
- Authentication type
- REST root context (default:
- Server version
Note: QuerySurge's BI Tester feature is licensed separately. Contact QuerySurge Sales for information.
Connect to WebIntelligence
- Log into QuerySurge as an Admin user. Navigate to the QuerySurge Admin view.
- To configure a WebIntelligence Connection, launch the Connection Wizard. Select Configuration > Connection in the Admin view tree (at the left).
- Click on the Add button at the bottom left of the main panel to launch the Connection Wizard. Check the Advanced Mode checkbox. Click Next.
- Provide a name for your Connection. Then, select "BI Tester: SAP WebIntelligence" as the Data Source.
Note: The BI Tester JDBC driver is bundled with QuerySurge; install this driver on your Agent(s) from your QuerySurge Installer.
- Once you have selected your BI Tester Data Source, the Wizard will tell you what information you are likely to need in order to create your Connection. Once you have collected this information, you are ready to click Next.
- Provide the connection information to your WebIntelligence server. This includes the server hostname, port (the default port will automatically populate), REST root context, authentication type, WebIntelligence version, and login credentials. Required fields for your Connection Type are marked by an *. Click Next.
Note: QuerySurge only supports specific WebIntelligence versions at this time. If your version does not appear in the dropdown, contact QuerySurge Support to see if there are any options.
- In the Advanced Mode, several additional options are available. Adjust these options as needed and click Next.
Max String Width: Maximum size of all "string" or "text" columns returned in a query on this connection. Values beyond this size will be truncated to fit. Defaults to 500 bytes.
Temporary Data Location: Whether data retrieved from Cognos should be processed in memory, or in a temporary file on disk. In Memory provides better performance, but requires enough Agent heap memory for the datasets to be queried through this connection. (See instructions for adjusting heap on Linux or Windows.) On Disk provides capacity for larger result sets at the expense of slower performance. Defaults to In Memory.
Protocol: When connecting to Cognos installations configured for SSL/TLS, select https to handle the encrypted traffic. Defaults to http.
- Click on the Test Connection button.
Note: You must have an Agent running with the QuerySurge BI Tester driver deployed in order to test the Connection.
- Click the Save button to save the Connection.
- Congratulations! You’ve created a QuerySurge Connection. Again, make sure that you have deployed the driver for this Connection to all your QuerySurge Agents. (See the Agent Installation Guide for Windows or Linux for instructions.)