Configuring QuerySurge Connections: Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
When you create a QuerySurge Connection, the Connection Wizard will guide you through the process. Different types of QuerySurge connections require different types of information.
Note: OBIEE access via JDBC is offered by Oracle for on-prem installations of OBIEE only. Oracle's cloud service BICS (BI Cloud Service) does not support equivalent JDBC access.
Note: For an OBIEE connection, you will need the following information (check with a DBA or other knowledge resource in your organization):
- Database login credentials (ID and Password)
- Server name or IP address of the OBIEE Server (e.g. obiee.myserver.com, or 192.168.0.35)
- The port of your OBIEE instance (the default port is 9703 for 10g/11g and 9514 for 12c). You can find the port of your instance by going to the Oracle Enterprise Manager and selecting your BI instance, and finding the port number of your OBIS server. An example is shown below:
Deploy the OBIEE JDBC Driver
For QuerySurge to connect to OBIEE, the OBIEE JDBC driver (called bijdbc.jar) must be deployed to your Agents. You can find this driver file on your OBIEE server. Refer to your version's documentation for the location of this jar file.
Create a QuerySurge Connection to OBIEE
To create a new Connection in QuerySurge, use the Connection Extensibility feature of the Connection Wizard. You can find a full description of this procedure in this article. You'll need an Admin login to QuerySurge to complete these steps.
1. Navigate to: Administration > Connections > Add. Check "Advanced Mode" and choose "* All Other JDBC Connections (Connection Extensibility)" in the Data Source dropdown.
2. For the Driver Class, enter the following:
3. The JDBC URL template for this driver is:
4. In the Authentication Info, enter the username and password of a user who has access to OBIEE.
5. If you wish to enter a test connection query, enter the query now and click next. Queries can be formed by the following notation select * from <schema>.<table> such as the following example:
SELECT * FROM "A - Sample Sales"."FX conversion";
Note: You must have an Agent running with the driver for this Connection deployed in order to test the Connection.
Note: Your test query needs to return a minimum of 1 row and 1 column.
Once you have finished entering the connection parameters, click Next.
6. When you've entered your information, the connection Wizard will look like:
7. Click Test Connection to test your connection parameters.
8. Click on the Save button to save the connection.
9. Congratulations! You’ve created a QuerySurge Connection. Make sure that you have deployed the driver for this Connection to all your QuerySurge Agents. (See Adding a JDBC Driver to your QuerySurge Agent for instructions.)