The Test Suites feature of QuerySurge lets you organize your QueryPairs in Test Suites – collections of QueryPairs for execution. This feature allows you a different level of organization for execution purposes that is independent of your Design Library organization.
IN THIS SECTION
Creating Test Suites
- To create a Test Suite, click on the button at the upper left corner of the Test Suite List View toolbar. This will open the Create New Test Suite window.
- Type a name and a Description (optional) for your Test Suite.
- Click the Save button.
CONNECTION CONFIGURATION SETTINGS (OPTIONAL)
- Source / Target - You may have assigned each of your Queries a connection to run on in the Design Library View, or you may not have. You have the option to specify connections on the Test Suite level and the desired override behavior below.
- Override Behavior
- Do Not Override - If all of your Queries have Connections on them in the Design View, and you want to run on those connections, make sure the Do Not Override radio button is selected (this is the default).
- Test Suite - If you want to set Connections at the Suite level that will override any Query level Connections, use the drop-down to select Source and Target Connections and chose the Test Suite radio button. Note that this will not change the Query level Connections – it will just override them for this Suite only.
- Mixed - If you have Connections set on some of your Queries in the Design View, but not all, you can choose the Mixed radio button, and select Source and Target Connections at the Suite level. Any Connections assigned at the Query level will be used; any Queries without Query level Connections will use the Suite level Connections.
Editing a Test Suite
Once you have created a Test Suite or several Test Suites, you have a few different ways to select Test Suites to prepare to use them:
- To select a single Test Suite, simply click on it in the Test Suite List View or
- Right-click on the selected Test Suite and select the Edit Test Suite context menu option.
NOTE You can select a range of Test Suites by holding down the SHIFT key and clicking on the first and last Test Suite in the range. You can select multiple individual Test Suites by holding down the CTRL key and clicking on each individual Test Suite that you want to select.
NOTE Once you have selected Test Suites that you want to use, right-click on the selected Test Suites to see your options (Run Now, Edit Test Suite, Delete). If you have selected a single Suite, you will see all choices enabled. If you have selected more than one Test Suite, then Edit Test Suite will be disabled.
Deleting a Test Suite
You can delete a Test Suite two ways:
- Select a Test Suite and click the button on the Test Suite List View toolbar or
- After selecting a Test Suite, right-click on the selected Test Suite and select the Delete context menu option.