QuerySurge Suites are user-created collections of either QueryPairs or Staging Queries that are grouped together for execution. You can create collections of any size to suite your testing needs. Your Suites are picked up by your QuerySurge Agents for execution. If you have assigned a specific Agent to a Suite, then only that Agent will pick up the Suite. If you have assigned a Suite to run at a specific time, then it will be picked up by an Agent at that time (or as soon after as an Agent becomes available) for execution. In the following, Suite-level setup and configuration are reviewed.
Adding QueryPairs/Staging Queries to Suites
- Once you have created your Suite, you can add either QueryPairs or Staging Queries to it (but not both). Start by first clicking on the Suite name. Then, using the tree at the right, drag the QueryPairs/Staging Queries (either individually or by folder) into the center panel to assign them to the Suite.
- Click on the button above the center panel to save the Test Suite.
View QueryPair/Staging Query
If you want to view any of the QueryPairs or Staging Queries that you have added to your Suite, select the QueryPair/Staging Query by right-clicking on it, and select View option in the popup menu. Alternately, you can simply double-click on the item.
Note: This simply gives you a view of the QueryPair/Staging Query, and does not launch a editor.
Edit QueryPair/Staging Query in Design
If you want to edit the QueryPair/Staging Query, you can select the other option, Edit QueryPair/Staging Query in Design... This will bring you back to the Design view for regular editing.
Removing QueryPairs/Staging Queries from your Suite
- You can use the button to remove QueryPairs/Staging Queries from a Suite.
- Click on the button above the center panel to save the Suite.
Suites have three key properties: a Name, an optional Description and a Connection Configuration. In order to work with Suite Properties, select the Suite and, at the bottom of the Suite panel, click on the Properties tab.
CONNECTION CONFIGURATION SETTINGS (OPTIONAL)
- Source / Target (or Staging) - You may have assigned each of your queries a connection to run on in the Design Library View, or you may not have. You have the option to specify connections on the Suite level and the desired override behavior.
- Override Behavior
- Do Not Override - If all of your queries have Connections on them in the Design View, and you want to run on those connections, make sure the Do Not Override radio button is selected (this is the default). In this case, there is no Suite-level override.
- Test Suite - If you want to set Connections at the Suite level that will override all query-level Connections, use the dropdown to select Source or Target Connections (for QueryPairs) or the Staging Connection (for Staging Queries) and select the Test Suite radio button. Note that this will not change the query-level Connections – it will just override all Connections for this Suite only.
- Mixed - If you have Connections set on some of your queries in the Design View, but not all, you can choose the Mixed radio button, and select Suite-level Connection(s). Any Connections assigned at the Query level will be used; any queries without Query level Connections will use the Suite level Connection(s).